Katie Baker's Blog of Inquiry

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Returning to Old Ways

Well, as I am contemplating the topics, I find myself jumping right into finding information. My itent was to get an overview, but I am printing things out, and now I find myselft lost in too much, unorganized information with no focus on where I am headed...and better yet, I haven't even decided on my topic yet! It is easy for me to see now, how beneficial a focused topic with key words/questions and a search plan actually. So, I am back to the drawing board. I am going to make a web of what I know already, skim some resources to determine what topic will be the best and that can be finished in the time allotted, determine what my topic is, and then formulate a plan from there.

One interesting thing that I didn't find in any of the models was the collection of possible resources when reading for an overview. I have come across some great websites that I am bookmarking that I can use later when I am actually looking for information. So, I think I will continue to collect sources as I go to see how it works. Who knows, I might end up with a ton of them and then I will be bogged down with sources...but it can't hurt to try!

See you later alligator!